Free the Homies Shirt (Decarcerate Refresh)
We remixed our original "Decarcerate, Rehabilitate" design.
Designed and printed with care by formerly incarcerated people and our loved ones.
Back Reads: Decarcerate, Deinstitutionalize - Free the Homies - Prisons were not used as government-issued punishment until 1865. When the 13th Amendment of the United States Constitution reformed slavery to only being legal as punishment for a crime, the $3.5 Billion dollar United States slave industry changed into the now $10.5 Billion dollar prison industry (conservative estimates).
Prior to this, and for the first 199,000 years of human history, indigenous human societies maintained safety mostly by building strong relationships, and taking collective care of one another - like many of us do today in our families.
What must we do to get back to that, stop the raging punishment industry, and Free the Homies?
How We Live For Everyone
- employ local people who have been impacted by incarceration.
- pay above living wages and share profits equitably.
- provide free health, dental, and life insurance.
- integrate with nature by prioritizing natural and recycled/recyclable materials.
- learn more about why we create and how we live